Luke 13:10-13 She was crippled, but, she kept going. Anything that is crippling becomes a fight. The battle is bigger than the sickness. Especially the mental battle. Her disease chose her, she did not choose it. We need to focus on the good things that have been answered.
Satan exploits our sickness. We can become discouraged and critical. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
Helping people where they are at. Mental problems are real even for the saved.
James 1:3-4 Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing. NKJ
God is more concerned with our character than our comfort. God's goal is for us to become more like Christ! We make choices everyday. We are either in harmony with God, or in unity with the devil. What are we becoming?
1. Truth is Spiritual. Maturity is intentional. When you are a baby you are self-centered.
The more you spend with the Father, the more you will become like Him!!!
We have a will. We have to want to grow.
2. Must develop our Spirituality. Need to abide to have dominion. Obedience is evidence of maturity.
3. Must desire to demonstrate maturity. Someone should be able to see it. Needs to be in our heart!!! We have the fruit of the spirit. We bear the fruit as we need it.
Overcoming our inner demons
Why does God allow suffering? Some of us pull away from God. And it affects everyone around us. Can we live without answers?
Luke 13:10-13. This woman was crippled by a spirit for 18 yrs. It's not just physical, it is spiritual. She had a lot of determination. It took time for her health to get like it was. She went to church no matter what!! Now people don't come for the simplest reasons. What has happened to people's commitments? Being absent:
1. Teaches our kids about our commitment.
2. People need you at church. We are the body of Christ.
3. It affects our church.
4. Maybe our heart have grown cold.
5. Maybe they like missing church. Just thinking of themselves!!!
Missing church should be rare. We make a difference. When we hang out in church, we grow!!!!